Thursday, February 14, 2013

30 things you might not know about Josh

In honor of Valentine's Day, I've compiled a list of 30 things you might not know about Josh. Why 30? Because he is turning 30 next month.... sucker! Also in full disclosure, I stole this idea from Shawnee's blog and her cute post about Richard. So here you go:

1. Josh speaks fluent Spanish. Most people don't know this because in his words, "I don't say hola to everyone who has a tan."
2. Josh used to play the symbols in the marching band. And any family members who might be reading this and have visual proof of it, I'm pretty sure I would give my left leg to see a picture of this.
3. Josh used to play the drums and has amazing rythmn.
4. Josh loves to play raquetball.
5. Josh is incredible at Trivial Pursuit. He remembers every little fact he's ever heard.
6. Josh loves snow and cold and hates the heat. Hates the heat. I repeat- haaaaates the heat. I had to caddle prod him out of the house when we lived in Texas.
7. Josh is scared of heights, snakes, and hurricanes.
8. Josh legitimately doesn't care about getting gifts. The only thing I've ever gotten him that he even came close to being excited about was a lego set.
9. Josh will flip out if you accidentally touch his glasses. He is very protective of his glasses.
10. Josh gets distracted VERY easily and wanders off in every store. I can't even count the number of times, I stopped for a second to look at something, put it in the cart next to me, and then realized that I just put my food in a stranger's cart and Josh is on the other side of the store.
11. Josh has always weighed 130 pounds, and probably always will weigh 130 pounds. He hates the gym, never exercises, and has naturally super toned muscles and no body fat. I hate it.
12. Josh doens't like junk food or soda.
13. Josh loves white carbs and milk. Really loves milk. He always drinks a glass in an entire gulp.
14. Conversely, Josh is a little lactose intolerant and won't admit it,
15. Josh is a know it all! Actually most of you probably do know this one. But most of the time he's right so I just let it slide.
16. School does not come easily to Josh. Yet he is getting his master's degree, he is an excellent writer, and he loves to learn.
17. Josh can't even count how many times he's moved. He's lived in 6 different states, and 1 foreign country.
18. Josh has abnormally large feet. He calls them his skis.
19. Speaking of skis, Josh loves to ski. And gets very offended if you ask him exactly where in Minnesota did you ever go skiing. Utahns, google Buck Hill in Minnesota I dare you. You will laugh your heads off. When we were driving into MN for the first time I saw a teeny tiny mole hill with some lights on it and I thought it was a sledding hill for children and I jokingly said to Josh, "Oh is that your ski resort?!" Yup, it was.
20. Josh LOVES Minnesota. Understatement of the year.
21. Josh will forget to eat meals if no one reminds him.
22. Josh knows quite a lot about fixing cars.
23. Josh hates anything moisturizing, lotion, chapstick, conditioner... One night in bed my lotion bottle exploded as I was trying to get some out and absolutely covered Josh's whole head. I thought he was going to cry.
24. Josh hates Ikea more than anywhere else on the planet.
25. Josh won't eat sloppy joes because one time his mom made some for a party and they had a ton of leftovers to eat and now he won't eat them ever again.
26. Josh always wears at least 2 t-shirts at the same time.
27. Josh really wants to travel to Cuba.
28. Josh never gets sick.
29. Josh can have a full on coherent conversation with you and be totally asleep the whole time. And he falls asleep in about 3 seconds so we'll be talking (awake) and then by the next response he'll be asleep. So we'll be having a normal conversation and then my next answer from him will be something like "Ya I can do that. Do you want an oil change too?"
30. The best for last- Josh has extremely hairy toes.












2 comments:

  1. Fun post! Haha, I especially like the hot dog costume. And I'm with Josh about cold vs. heat. Death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric loves to play racquetball! They should play together! And we should all play trivial pursuit, because I love it SO much.

    ReplyDelete