Friday, March 29, 2013

Seven Months

Cooper is on the downhill slope to his first birthday now! It feels like it's gone by in a second and at the same time it feels like I've spent a lifetime with him already.

This month:

Cooper is starting to play peek a boo! His favorite version is when you jump out and yell boo and scare him to death. After he jumps about a mile he laughs hysterically for a long time. Then you wait a minute until he's forgotten that you're playing peek a boo and do it again. He weirdly loves being scared.
I always assumed I would get really sick of playing little kid games like peek a boo over and over again (I always did with other people's kids, sorry guys.) But Cooper is always sick of peek a boo long before I am. Yelling boo at this kid is pretty much the most fun I've ever had.

Cooper has become a lot more interactive with his toys. He used to be content watching me wave a toy around in front of his face but now when I show him a toy the first thing he does is snatch it out of my hands and play with it himself. He's also good at spotting toys across the room that he wants and grunting at them until I go and get them for him. Basically Cooper has his own man servant.

Cooper's baby talk isn't really cooing with ooh's and ahh's like most babies. His talk is a mixture of short high pitched shrieks, fake coughing, and blowing spit bubbles. Maybe he is developing a new language that is yet unknown to mankind. Except that I am actually pretty fluent in it. If Josh has Cooper in the other room playing and I hear Cooper grunting, I can take one look at the scene and immediately pinpoint what it is Cooper wants. Oh he wants that tub of butt cream that's behind his dresser, but he wants to watch you bang on it like a drum. Or watch out, he's plotting to dive his head into the popcorn bowl. And you know what, I am always exactly right. 

Cooper has a new trick where he shakes his head back and forth for no apparent reason. I think he originally picked it up watching Josh do it. When we were at the hospital I was hoping he wouldn't do it so they didn't think he had some weird tic or something but sure enough as soon as the doctor made eye contact with him, he started going at it. Luckily they didn't accuse me of dropping him on his head.
Please excuse our pig-sty and the fact that Cooper's hanging out on a towel. This was in the midst of our stomach flu pandemic.


Overall, Cooper is still sleeping great, 10-12 hours a night and taking two naps in the day, still eating baby purees and has tried a couple little finger foods like pasta and gnawing on cauliflower, still has NO teeth, still hates being outside, although his little sunglasses help a lot, still loves kicking around on his tummy, in fact I have figured out how to put on a diaper while he's on his tummy because he absolutely will not stay on his back long enough to get changed, hasn't started crawling yet, still has separation anxiety, and still loves people and attention and music and being held always.

Love you little man.






And one bath shot for fun. He has the biggest bottom lip. So cute.


1 comment:

  1. Too cute. He looks so much like you in the third picture down!!

    ReplyDelete