Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy Tuesday

Things that make me happy this Tuesday:


  • It's spring break for Josh! Which means no three hour class tonight! Wahoo! 
  • And also, Arrested Development of course because it's the best show ever. Unless you're a normal person, in which case you might not like it, but if you're weird, it's definitely the show for you.



  • Magazines. Specifically food magazines. I love to look at pictures of food. Josh doesn't really know what pinterest is but whenever he sees me on it he says, "Oh, looking at pictures of food again?" Pretty much. I'm too cheap to ever buy magazines so I rent them from the library and last night I went and got like 20. 20 magazines and no books. I pretty much felt like an idiot at checkout. You know I realize I could finally read War and Peace but I'm just going to go ahead and look at pictures of food instead.

  • When Cooper runs his fingers through my hair. Most of the time he grabs it and pulls it (this weekend my family was like why are you missing a chunk of hair?) but sometimes when he's drinking his bottle and he's all snuggled up in my lap, he likes to lay and stroke my hair. So precious.
  • Google earth. I don't know if I should be happy about this wide scaled privacy invasion or not, but you have to admit, it's pretty cool. Josh has a job interview (it's just an interview, don't sound the alarm bells) in a place called Central City, Colorado. We're actually going to make a pit stop there on our way to MN for it (thanks guys for paying for part of our vacation...) I was feeling pretty nervous about the population of 581 (not that he has been offered it, or that we will for sure take it if he does) but thanks to google earth I have now clicked through the streets of Central City! And it's actually pretty adorable, it reminds me of Park City.

  • Napping. Naps on my happy list?! I don't believe it either. But Cooper has been taking the best naps all week. They've all been about two hours long! I really don't want to jinx it but when he takes two two-hour naps a day, I don't even know what to do with myself- it's too easy! He likes to feed himself his own bottle (though I still sit with him because he keeps rolling onto his tummy and getting mad at gravity) and he plays by himself for little stretches, and now he naps too?! He might as well change his own diapers, I feel completely superfluous.
Poor buddy needs a little beer can hat for his bottle so he can play and drink at the same time.

  • This one is kind of silly, but today I realized that Cooper has the perfect name. I was reading him a story and I asked him, "What do you think happens next Coop?" and he looked up at me like I don't know mom, I'm six months old and I don't talk yet. But it was the first time that I felt like he really knew his name and I just thought yep, it's perfect for you. I had like ten baby boy names all picked out before I got pregnant and never even gave the name Cooper a second thought, so it's kind of weird how he ended up with this name. But I love it. Coop, Coopy, Coop-Coop, Coopy-Coo, Poop-Face. (No, not really the last one....)
  • Today our washing machine started making a heinous noise and my sweet Coop immediately looked at me with wide terrified eyes. Ha! I thought that was the cutest thing that he would hear a startling noise and immediately look at me like what's going on mom?
What a little sweetheart

Happy Tuesday!









2 comments:

  1. I love Arrested Development! It makes my weird seem less weird... Or more weird depending on the episode. And Buster is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! When he drops his hammer on that fossil they're excavating "that was 90 percent gravity..."

      Delete