Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ten Months

This morning I texted Josh that I was planning on tripling my caloric intake so that I could keep up with Cooper. I feel that accurately sums up Cooper's changes this month. He is WILD! I can't even fathom how much more wild he is going to get once he can make a run for it. Maybe I can buy a pig pen for our house?


This month:

Cooper LOVES books. And I'm not saying that in the annoying bragging mother way. I wish he didn't love them quite so much sometimes. Sometimes I hide his books for a day. Sometimes I wish he would just play with musical Elmo for ten minutes while I give my voice a rest! We read allllll day long. We read the same book ten times in a row before I can put it away without a tearful protest. I don't understand how even a baby can not be sick of The Foolish Tortoise after the tenth reading. I feel like I should go on a professional reading tour by now. I have all his books memorized and I can do multiple animal sounds.

My wild boy has made great physical strides this month. He is crawling better now, faster and on all fours. He loves to crawl a few feet, turn and look at you, have you say, "What are you doing!", and then chase him. He can pull himself up and cruise along furniture. He can even stand by himself for a few seconds. I was worried about the pulling up phase interfering with sleep, you know when babies pull themselves up in their cribs and can't get back down? But Cooper just falls back down on his butt every time, usually banging his face on something on the way down. He has no fears. 

Cooper finally got teeth this month! Two teeth that broke through within a day of each other. I was really beginning to think he would be toothless forever so I was quite surprised they came. Although the other day he chewed my coaster into pieces... So, be careful what you wish for I guess?

This month he's learned how to clap and wave really well, his motor movements are really coming together. I feel like he would have been doing his sign language now if I hadn't forgotten to sign anything to him for the last few months. Sorry bud... But we were teaching him the signs for more, milk, and all done and I figured he always wants more, he always wants milk, and he's never all done so they were pretty pointless anyway.

Cooper has always loved music and now whenever he hears music he starts to clap and then bounce up and down like he's dancing. Last weekend we took him to a sandcastle festival there was some music playing and he just sat there and danced while a crowd of people gathered around to watch him. And he's figured out how to turn on the music on his crib mobile so now when I put him down to sleep, I hear different kinds of music starting and stopping as he plays around before he falls asleep.


When I started these monthly photo shoots, I envisioned each of them looking so uniform and posed so I could have 12 of the same pictures to look at and see how my baby has grown. Well now these photo shoots are impossible. I took 50 pictures and there were only 2 that weren't blurry.
One of them Josh is pinning his legs down in.

And the other non-blurry one I had to let him chew on a pen for. Every day is a battle of trying to chew on pens and mommy taking the pens away.

And the rest of the photos looked like this.

Until he decided to leave the room entirely.


And enter my room instead where in the ten seconds I took to put my camera away he proceeded to eat 3 mouthfuls of dirt out of my indoor lemon tree. 

Love you you crazy kid!









No comments:

Post a Comment