Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sandcastles and Seabrook

Sunny days in Washington are the best. Sunny Saturdays are even better. No matter how tired we are or how much stuff we should get done around the house, it is absolutely impossible for us to stay inside on a beautiful weekend. Today was gorgeous so we went to the sand and sawdust festival in Ocean Shores. We sort of just went for somewhere to go but it turned out to be really fun. Cooper even had a good time! Outdoor-hating Cooper surprisingly always enjoys the beach, he loves eating sand and watching the waves. Combine that with lots of people watching and reggae music and he was loving it. Cooper danced and danced and he had a crowd of people following him to see his sweet moves. Cooper gets like twenty compliments every time he goes outside. I should start stocking my diaper bag with autographed pictures for him to hand out.

The teams technically have one more day to finish their sculptures so the ones we saw were about halfway through but they were still really neat to see. They use pressurized water and build removable platforms and use all sorts of cool ways to create these.

These guys were making the Candyland board game.


A spaceship.


I don't really know where this was going, I guess she was be-headed.

Some old lady stopped me and said, "You know, he probably shouldn't be in the sun." I assured her that he had about seventeen layers of sunscreen on, and she said, "Oh good. I'm so happy you're one of those smart moms." This kid is basically glowing he's so pale, of course I put sunscreen on him! 

This is what one of the sand sculptures is going to look like. Artistic people are beyond me. 

It was such a beautiful day! Cooper was too tired after the sand to see the sawdust so we left after that.

Cooper fell asleep in the car and if we stop driving he wakes up so we decided to drive to another beach town called Seabrook. It's an adorable little planned development like Daybreak. I wanted to take a bunch of pictures but everyone was outside and I didn't want to wander around photographing their house like a weirdo. So I'll use someone else's photo instead...
Let's live here!

The houses sit on this little hill with a view of the ocean.


I'm consumed the best french fries of my life here. A really good burger too. And Cooper ate half of a grilled cheese sandwich. This kid LOVES food!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment