Sunday, May 5, 2013

Confessions- Washington Edition

I fall asleep to the sound of frogs croaking outside my window every night and I love it.

For the first time in about 3 years we have tv and I kind of hate it. Though I have realized that I want to be best friends with Barefoot Contessa.

The only rain coat I have is a children's rain coat that I bought on accident. The sleeves only go to my elbows.

I am super paranoid/stressed out about mold here. One morning I was late picking my mom up from the airport because I had the housing manager over looking at a mold spot on my kitchen floor and my friend's dad on the phone trying to find us different housing. Turns out it was a burn mark.

I am currently plotting ways to convince Josh that we need a kayak.

Josh thinks I know how to roll a kayak and I don't. Sshhhh...

We gauge directions in amount of bridges now. If I'm trying to describe where something is to Josh, I'll say something like, "you cross three bridges but not the fourth." And Josh will know exactly where I'm talking about.

Most people don't have air conditioning here and I still don't get it. I'm super sweaty.

I saw someone shoplifting from a Sears the other day and now I'm convinced I'm going to get murdered every time I go outside.

I was so excited to see the lighthouse here and it was like ten feet tall. Booooooooooooo.

I feel like there aren't as many babies here as there are in Utah so wherever we go Coop has an instant swarm of admirers which is great. But... like 5 people have called him a girl so far this week.

And now, without further ado, a million more pictures of pine trees... I'm a little obsessed with taking pictures of pine trees.

Disappointing lighthouse. The sign even said tallest lighthouse in Washington. Um what?

These are all crappy quality phone pictures but you get the idea. 

These next ones are from this sweet little quiet road I found to run on. I love that you don't have to travel to get into nature, you pretty much just live in the woods. Only you're not the unabomber. 











No comments:

Post a Comment