Tuesday, April 30, 2013

So far in Washington...

This post is mostly pictures and mostly boring. 

We are finally here and finally moved in and finally starting to settle down. Minus our rental truck being towed for a small fortune in Oregon, and a possible life-threatening, homeless-inducing mold situation in our new house, things went relatively well... Cross country moving is for the birds. As we were exhausted and tired and walking through Wal-Mart last night Josh told me he is prepared to die here.

I guess I'll kill him tomorrow and move back to Utah...

Also while wandering through Wal-Mart we heard some awesome lady tell her friend in the vitamin aisle that "You should just eat a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch every day. It has all the daily fiber you need!" Her friend then agreed and they left without any fiber pills. Win.

So here are a few pictures of our new corner of the globe so far...

Hoquiam city hall

City planner to the stars

These next few are of the waterfront in Hoquiam. I'm pretty much in love with tug boats.



I'm also in love with bridges.

More tugs!
A tsunami siren!
Some adorable church we found. 
This is the drive from Aberdeen to Olympia. It is literally the most beautiful hour I've ever spent. Just gorgeous. I drove the whole thing with my mouth wide open. Wow.


This isn't my photo but wow, Olympia is absolutely beautiful and I love it. I dare say it trumps Seattle and Tacoma in my book! So there! It's gorgeous.

That's all so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment