Saturday, December 8, 2012

Coop's New Tricks

My little tricksy minx is getting more and more fun each day! I love watching him grow and develop new skills. So like the crazy person that I've become, let me share each and every mundane thing my child does (which to me is as exciting and noteworthy as tooting unicorns.)

Cooper has become quite the giggle monster! Before his laughs were a little indistinguishable from his other happy noises but now they are just like adult laughs. One night he started laughing in his sleep. And now he starts laughing whenever we kiss or tickle him. Hilarious. It is absolutely my most favorite sound. He laughs especially hard when his daddy teases him, which is good because I'm sure there will be a lot of that in the future.

He is so good at grabbing things now! His favorite things to grab are the neckline of my shirt to pull down and flash everyone (usually during church) and he loves to grab blankies and never let go and shove them in his mouth. We had a used clothing exchange at church and I brought him home a super ugly, ratty lamb toy/blankie (but it was soft so I thought he might like it) and he loves loves to shove every inch of it into his mouth.
(The first time he grabbed and held something)


He is really wanting to roll over back to stomach. Every time I lay him down he grunts and strains and tries every way he can to be on the move. Soon little buddy! Most of the time I end up picking him up because he gets too upset!


He has BAD stranger anxiety! Which I thought idn't start until they're around 8 months old! But if someone he doesn't know tries to look at him or gets too close he goes from happy to screaming at the drop of a hat, and then as soon as I pick him up he's fine. I'm kind of apprehensive about Christmas and also feel bad for people that want to hold him and can't because he only wants mom or dad.

And as usual he's super fat and super bald. Rock that look while you can baby.


In other news, I decided to make my own Christmas ornaments with Cooper's hand print and foot print, thinking I was so cute and special and basically Martha Stewart right???  Huge failure. Haha. They look like Cooper made them himself.
Wah wah

1 comment:

  1. That footprint ornament is pretty dang awesome. Almost as awesome as tooting unicorns.

    ReplyDelete