Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cooper's First Christmas

Cooper was SICK on Christmas. So sad. He has a cough and now that he's figured out how to cough, he fake coughs too just for fun. So all he coughs all day long. Some of them are real and some of them are obviously fake. What a stinker. Other than his little cough, Cooper did great. It was a long day, with shorter naps, somewhere other than home, 20 people, and constant stimuli and he didn't have any meltdowns. Sometimes I would take him in the other room and we would sit in the dark together and mellow out a little. He would sit and smile at me from behind his binkie (those are my favorite smiles.) He got a lot of gifts and was the main attraction of the day. Although he liked to suck on the wrapping paper more than anything, I know he will love his new toys once he gets the chance to play with them. He is getting over that little stranger anxiety he had for a while (though he will still only laugh for mom or dad.)

I was so looking forward to Cooper's first Christmas and it turned out to be less of skipping through meadows while singing and more of tired, stressed, constantly looking for one of the five binkies I brought with me, and changing his outfit he pooped on for the 4th time that day. Oh holidays with kids! But we did manage to get a few cute pictures where he looks way more excited than he actually was, but down the road we'll forget he wasn't really into it and we'll look at these pictures and commend ourselves for being such excellent Santa's. And thank you to all the other Santa's who helped make Cooper's first Christmas such a special one!

I love my fat boy.










No comments:

Post a Comment