Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mama Grizzly Bear

So I hardly ever write things like this on my blog. Well actually I never do. But I'm pretty sure no one reads my blog so no worries!
Someone isn't being very nice to my Coop. On the one hand he is a baby and has no idea but on the other hand the mama grizzly inside me is roaring. While I'm sure this person has the problem with me not Cooper, their behavior is directed towards Cooper. Can't someone just dislike me? Why involve my baby? I can forgive any sort of behavior towards me but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to let go of my hurt feelings about Cooper.
Perhaps I'm just cranky today. The neighbors keep waking up Coop, Coop pooped all over everything twice... But I'm upset. Sometimes do you ever feel like you're held to a different set of rules than someone else? That you always have to be the bigger person while someone else behaves however they want without consequences? I've learned to accept apologies I've never received but I haven't yet learned that same thing when it comes to my son. And I know it's a life lesson I NEED to learn, and sooner rather than later. I know that not everyone is going to be nice to Cooper and I'm going to face more situations down the road, but I feel like it will be much easier to forgive some little kid who tells Coop he smells like boogers as opposed to an adult in his life who is supposed to love him and clearly doesn't.
I guess you never know real forgiveness until you have to forgive someone that was unkind to your child. I hope someday I can get there. And in the meantime I hope I can learn to retract my mama grizzly claws.

No comments:

Post a Comment