Friday, October 5, 2012

Mr. Cooper

Blogging is hard work when you have a newborn around! Cooper is almost six weeks old and we love him to pieces around here! Even though he is a naughty sleeper, we still like him! He has changed a lot already in his short little life so far.
This is our little guy at two days old. Getting him here was a challenge, I had an emergency c-section and Cooper had to spend some time in the NICU. I had to wait a while to be with him which was really hard. Josh would take my family in turns to go see him and I would just have to wait alone in my room! I was so excited to finally see and hold him.

This is Cooper at five weeks (basically a month right?) on the quilt his Grandma Beach made for him! I took about ten pictures and this is the only one he wasn't crying in. Coop much prefers to be snuggled in someone's arms rather than laying on the floor! 

Here are some things we've enjoyed about our first month with Coop:

He is LOUD! Who knew babies could be so loud? He is a loud sleeper (snoring, grunting...) A loud eater. And a loud pooper! Josh and I call them "thunder poops" and you can hear them from across the house.

He loves to smile at toys and wave his arms all around at them. I love watching him get so excited about looking at a rattle in the shape of a monkey.

I also secretly love it when he pees during a diaper change. The first time he did it I couldn't stop laughing long enough to find something to stem the flow. 

And most of all I love snuggling my little boy while he snores on my chest and wraps his pudgy hands around me. (Yes I know I am creating a spoiled sleep monster that will eventually be my downfall.)

Coop I love you!



1 comment:

  1. Love. He is so cute. Jess is still sighs in his sleep. :) Do you have a wrap or sling? He'd be in heaven and you'd get your hands again.

    ReplyDelete