Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Photo Tour of my Yellow House

Four years, four states, and lots and lots of noisy neighbors later... We finally have our own home! I have been looking forward to this for a really long time and am still walking around in awe of my wonderful home. I love everything about it. It turned out to be perfect timing to get Cooper some extra space and a yard to play in just when he's really getting big enough to enjoy it. It even has a treehouse and swings. And a chicken coop but I think I'll pass on that....

Since most of my friends don't live here and can't come over for a housewarming party, I took some pictures for you instead.




When you first walk in the front door

Our living room/toy storage

Our fireplace on the other end of the living room which we need to start using but I'm worried Cooper is going to burn his hand off.

Our entryway is to the left, I'm currently working on some art and a coat rack for it. We've been throwing our coats into that empty bedroom when we walk in.

I love the view out of this window.

The kitchen (I don't know why I feel like I have to label these pictures, you probably know what a kitchen is.)

Did you know the Barefoot Contessa and I have the same flour/sugar canisters? It's very exciting.


My FAVORITE. A built-in computer desk with drawers and cabinets for all of the paper piles that Josh seems to breed.

Our orange dining room, my favorite room in the house.


Our nice built-in hutch that is completely empty because I don't have anything nice to display. Ha.


The sliding glass door out to our deck.

The dining room has glass doors that can close it off. For our fancy chicken nugget dinners I guess.

Josh and I's bathroom. I'm not good at decorating bathrooms, it's kind of sparce right now. I'm up for suggestions!

Our laundry room/craft room/pet door that Cooper tries to fit his head through every day. This is the first time we have a had a laundry room and our washer and dryer have been in something other than a closet. It's amazing. Plus I can put off ironing longer because I just toss the clothes in some of these drawers and I don't have to look at them!

Cooper's bathroom. We can't have a rug in there because it gets soaked during bathtime, as do Josh and I.

The little foyer into Cooper's bedroom.

Coop's room!



I'm working on ordering some grey and white fabric to sew curtains for him. It will probably take me a solid weekend to cut and sew eight straight lines. Maybe longer...

Our bedroom. It's currently bright pink and we haven't hung up anything. Once we paint it I think it will be a lot better.

There are two other bedrooms but neither one of them have anything in it so I didn't bother to take pictures. This house has a lot of room and a lot of storage and we hardly have any stuff because we usually haven't had storage space and you tend to de-junk a lot when you have to cram your stuff into a u-haul bunch of times. Most of our drawers have nothing in them, it's pretty funny. So there's my house! We ususally have deer in our yard chowing down on something and we have a rural mailman. It's awesome. 


















6 comments:

  1. That's it!! Inflate your blow-up mattress, Alisa and I are going to make a return visit and stay forever! I have serious house envy right now as I post this from my parents' living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already blown up (because Cooper likes to jump on it) so you can come right away!

      Delete
  2. Paige! It's beautiful. I'm envious of the storage space and all those drawers and cupboards! can't wait to see it in person some day!

    ReplyDelete