Sunday, August 4, 2013

Eleven Months

This post is extremely late. I have to psych myself up now to take these monthly pictures! They used to be so easy! As did diaper changes... Anyway, my boy insists on growing older and is now 11 months old. Insert tearful comment here. But really, his babyhood is almost over. Some people haven't even seen it yet and it's already over. How come you only get a baby for a year? It's very unfair and now I understand why some people have a whole brood of children.

This month:

Cooper is talking! Sort of... He's said a few words one time. Nevertheless it's wildly exciting for his over-emotional mother. He's said hi, bye, yeah, sit, and dada. No mama, of course.

Hi- One night Josh and I put him to bed obviously before he was ready because he cried for a little while in his crib which he usually doesn't do. Finally Josh caved and went and got him and brought him back downstairs to play some more. As soon as they rounded the corner and Cooper saw me he said in a very sad, melancholy, I've-just-been-crying voice "hi." It broke my little heart and I decided to give him ice cream and let him stay up til midnight.

Yeah- One day I took Cooper in his stroller for a jog through the park. We got back to the car and as I was holding him about to put him in his car seat I saw that he was gazing longingly at the kids playing on the playground. I asked him, "Cooper do you want to go play?" And he said, again very sadly, "yeah."

Bye- Cooper has said bye twice. Both to people he had never met before and never to anyone he sees multiple times. I guess he was keen for these strangers to go. He would wave and say a very soft "bye."

Dada- Cooper didn't really say dada to Josh so I'm not sure it counts. But one night in Utah after we hadn't seen Josh in a couple weeks, we were watching tv and a man that looked like Josh came on a pet food commercial. Cooper looked at the screen and loudly exclaimed, "dada!" Maybe the little buddy needs glasses?

Sit- One night Cooper was standing up on his own for a few minutes and Josh and I were both staring at him in amazement to see how long he would stand there. He looked at us and said, "sit" as he plopped his bummy back on the ground.

Cooper has turned into quite the entertainer these days. Especially in Utah when there were always a lot of people to show off for. He knows exactly what tricks to do that will make people laugh and he is absolutely delighted when people laugh and clap for him, he laughs and claps back. He loves being the center of attention. He also has started playing his own game of peekaboo with me several times a day. He goes and hides behind the couch, waits for me to say, "Where's Cooper?", and then jumps out at me with a great big smile on his face.

Cooper has always been a great kiss giver- they're very wide and wet, and he always loves to give them. But in the last few days he's learned to give them on cue. I ask, "can mama have some kisses?" and he beelines it over to me with his mouth wide open. Needless to say I make this request a lot and receive a LOT of daily kisses.

After months of stressing out that Cooper would be the only child ever that couldn't drink out of a sippy cup, my baby Einstein finally mastered the art of the sippy. At 11 months old. Poor buddy, some things are just more challenging than others.

The other day Cooper did the cutest thing in the entire world. I noticed some crumbs on the bottom of his exersaucer and I pulled out a wipe and started to wipe them up. Cooper came over, pulled out his own wipe and started rubbing it on the exersaucer too. It was officially adorable. And I hope that means that he will scrub my floors when he gets a little bigger. It's high time this kid starting pulling his weight around here. Freeloader. :)

Cooper took his first few steps this month, he toddled from his exersaucer to the couch. He is able to get from sitting to standing by himself, and he can stand on his own for a few minutes. I am very nervous for the life changes that walking will bring as he is already hard enough to keep up with!

Cooper has become so much more interactive and playful this month. I hope it's not pathetic that he is my best friend and makes me laugh harder than any adult does. He is just one very fun, happy, energetic, entertaining boy!

I LOVE YOU Coop.

And now his pitiful pictures... Poor buddy, I am not cutting it in the photo department. I think I need to hire a photographer, he hasn't had any decent pictures in a while, and someone this cute definitely deserves it!






No comments:

Post a Comment