Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hanging With Mr. Cooper

My little Coop Coop's personality is starting to come out more and more. No longer is he a lump of dough that only cries and poops. I am enjoying Cooper increasingly more as time goes on, not that I haven't always loved him, but let's be honest those first few newborn weeks really sucked. I feel like everyone is afraid to say that for fear of the mommy judgment. But I'm not- they totally sucked. Fortunately, things get a lot better and babies become a lot more interesting. So I wanted to write down the things I've learned about my little son so far...

Likes:

Eating. Even when he's not hungry. (he gets that from his mama- we may both need to see a food therapist one day)

Watching other people eat. So hugely exciting.

Looking at food.

Looking at our dining room table or the kitchen because he knows at one time there was food there. Seriously this kid might end up on Maury as a 200 pound toddler.

Watching mom and dad sing and dance. Or the cast of Glee. Apparently Josh and I are just as talented as the people on Glee. I will be expecting my Tony award any day.

Cooper has certain songs he likes more than others. Horsey horsey on your way is definitely number one entertainment song. And rock a bye baby puts him to sleep in two verses every time

Projectile spitting/hurling his binkie across the room. It reminds me of shot-putting. The gold medal definitely goes to Cooper.

Smiling at people who aren't even looking at him. So funny. I watch him break out into this big smile at someone in church and I turn around, assuming they're making a face at him or something, but no, they're not even looking at him!

Crazy alert: sometimes when Cooper is looking at someone and they're still able to pay attention to the lesson I get kind of annoyed! Hello, drop what you're doing and tell me how cute my kid is!.... Wow I'm crazy.

Speaking of Sundays, Cooper also enjoys watching people walk into the chapel, it's basically like watching a parade. Only better. And more exciting.

Blowing spit bubbles.

Talking to his fingers. Well talking to anything really. The tablecloth, his toys, the wall... but mostly to his fingers.

Standing up (with help of course.) He's pretty much over this lying on a blanket business. That stuff is for babies.

Spending bedtime using his legs to propel himself to the other end of the crib to chew on the crib bars.

Bananas.

His daddy. He even likes to sit and watch his daddy watch tv. It's so so funny.

Being tickled and teased.

Being called a "beebee"

Fake coughing

Fighting sleep to the death. He lays there and shakes his head back and forth as fast as he can for the longest time. I don't really know what to say about this- it's kind of bizarre to watch. Must have been all the barbecue chips I ate when I was pregnant. Addled his brain.

Dislikes:

Naps. In fact naps are 1-100 on the dislikes.

Being over tired. Hmm... See a pattern?

Being sick.

Having shots.

Peas

Being alone in a room for longer than a minute.

Trying to roll over.

Going to sleep.

Getting dressed.

Getting out of the bath tub.

Getting his ears cleaned out with q-tips. This kid produce so much ear wax, it's not even funny.

Getting his boogers sucked out.


Mostly I feel like baby Cooper is a happy, chatty, rambunctious, tease.. We will see if I end up being right.

Some pictures of Cooper this month:



I was in the kitchen doing some dishes, I left him in the middle of his blanket playing, I came out 5 minutes later and he was completely asleep and he had his blanket completely over his face. Sad I didn't capture the blanket over his head but I had to quick make sure he wasn't suffocating.

He used to be facing the other way and at the other end of the crib, and this is how we found him an hour later.

He's figured out how to yank his binkie out of his mouth. Maybe he'll figure out how to put it back in one day?

Another weird sleep position.









No comments:

Post a Comment