Sunday, September 14, 2014

Baby Girl

So I am 21 weeks along with a sweet baby girl. And like a typical second child she is already quite neglected. I haven't even blogged about the poor neglected girl's pregnancy yet which I figured I'd better do so she has something written down about it that she can read one day. I love you baby girl, but your big brother takes up most of my energy these days. He's nuts, just you wait and see.

The first trimester...
Cooper came as quite the umm... surprise to our family and when I told Josh I was pregnant he said a curse word and then wandered the house silently with his hands over his face for a few hours. This time around the pregnancy was much anticipated and I really wanted a sweet special reaction when I told Josh I was pregnant, something along the lines of him sweeping me off my feet and whispering sweet words to my embryo. I took the test when he was at work and then that night when we sat down to dinner I said, "So I have some news..." And Josh immediately said, "You're pregnant." I said yes, and then Josh leaned over the table and gave me a high five. Hahaha 0 for 2 for pregnancy announcements.

The first trimester wasn't too bad. I was mainly just extremely exhausted, but luckily for me Cooper boy is an excellent napper so I got to take a nap every day. It was quite nice. It was also summer so Josh wasn't too busy with classes and could help me out more so that was nice! I did get the stomach flu once which is a cruel thing for someone in their first trimester. Cooper had it too so I was cleaning up his vomit with my smell sensitivity. Unfortunate timing. I was more nauseous and less starving than I was with Cooper which sounds bad but it wound up with me not gaining 12 pounds in the first trimester so it turned out to be very worth it! This time around I started showing at 10 weeks. Which I think was about 6 weeks earlier than with Cooper. If I had another baby my tired uterus would probably pop out at 4 weeks. This time around I literally craved carrot sticks (dipped in ranch of course.) I even got a really bad stomach ache one day and realized that I had eaten two pounds of carrots in two days and that was probably why. With Cooper, I craved Taco Bell, so the vegetable cravings were a nice surprise. I even craved a Costco salad so bad that I made us drive an hour to Olympia one night just for a Costco salad. Then when we finally got there they were sold out! I couldn't say anything to the cashier, I just stood there silently crying and Josh had to come apologize to the cashier and guide me out of the line. Luckily Olympia has two Costcos and the other one had the salad, but I definitely cried all the way to the other Costco.

The second trimester...
I felt the baby move extremely early it seems like, at 15 weeks. I don't remember when I finally felt Cooper but I know it was past 20. So far baby girl is much less active than Cooper was, who was doing such constant acrobats that even the doctors and nurses would comment on it whenever they listened to my belly. Even when we went for our 20 week ultrasound the doctor couldn't get her to wake up, she had me eat, drink water, empty my bladder, walk around, but baby girl just stayed sleeping with her little legs crossed.

We were very surprised to find out we were having a girl. We thought for sure it was a boy and we had already named him Graham William Beach. Aw... And I had all of Cooper's clothes washed and unpacked and ready to go. Then we found out a little girly was on the way! I was very nervous at first, I don't know anything about girls, and I am absolutely horrible at doing hair- for that reason alone I should never have a girl, her poor hair... I think I finally got over my anxiety when I bought my first little girl outfit. Oh my little girl clothes!! They are so cute and so fun to buy! I'm going to need to go back to work so I can afford my baby girl clothes habit.

So far this pregnancy has been much smoother than Cooper's. I'm about 20 pounds lighter than I was with Cooper at this point which I think is helping me feel more comfortable. I've even been running still! Though I will probably switch to the elliptical any day now. My belly's starting to hurt from all the bouncing around. I even have hopes that I might escape The Feet. I think without so much weight gain and the heat of the summer, my feet might be manageable enough to actually walk on! Hooray!

We are very excited to snuggle our little girl. We're already putting together her nursery and her wardrobe. And we already have a name picked out! We really only need a few more things and we'll be set! Much easier prepping than it was with the first baby. I wanted to get most of it done in this trimester so the next one I can work on making as many freezer meals as I can muster.

I don't think Cooper knows what's going on even though we talk about it and read books about it. But I do think he's going to be a great big brother. He is so sweet and tender with babies. He loves to rock their car seats and touch their tiny toes! He will have to learn to share his parents though so we'll see how that goes. *Funny story: Someone was trying to describe me to someone else at church and finally when the other person figured out who I was she said, "Oh yeah Paige! She has the little boy in nursery that has to have one arm around his mom and one arm around his dad at all times!" Yep that's me! Send happy thoughts Cooper's way that he may find a way to share his parents come January.

So far that's about it. It seems like with Cooper I spent so much time thinking about being pregnant and feeling every little kick, but this time around I am chasing after a crazy two year old and most of the time I forget I'm pregnant and wonder why I'm so hungry. It's kind of sad that she doesn't get as much attention but it does make the pregnancy go by much faster. January will be here so soon Baby R! I can't wait to snuggle someone that doesn't struggle to get away from me!

16 weeks

18 weeks

20 weeks


Josh at 20 weeks :)

We tried really hard to get Cooper to take some pictures with a pink balloon to announce the baby's gender. It's always difficult to capture photos of the wild man. This was as close as we got. 

That's why we opted for stationary pumpkins instead. They hold still better than two year olds.

Our beautiful baby girl!








No comments:

Post a Comment